I’m an avid traveller, cyclist and runner who works as a front-end web developer in Cape Town, South Africa.
I completed a computer science diploma at CTI in 2002, after matriculating from Wynberg Boys’ High School in 2000.
My professional work experience:
- 2017 – present: Senior Front-end Web Developer, InQbate at Quint Group
- 2014 – 2017: Lead Front-end Web Developer, Next
- 2013 – 2014: Front-end Web Developer, Freelance
- 2011 – 2012: Head of Development, Hellocomputer
- 2010 – 2011: Web Developer, Hellocomputer
- 2006 – 2010: Java Developer, RED-i
- 2005 – 2006: Web Developer, Freelance
- 2002 – 2005: Web Developer, Generator Communications
Quint is a leading international, highly innovative fintech Group operating in the consumer finance market.
My overseas travels:
- 2017: Borneo and Singapore – back in South East Asia for another fantastic experience.
- 2016: Spain and Portugal – a magical end of year holiday together.
- 2014: New York – our first trip to America together. It is still one of my favourite cities!
- 2013: Turkey – our first overseas holiday by ourselves and what a great time it was.
- 2012: Thailand and Cambodia – my girlfriend and I went overseas together for the first time, with two of our friends.
- 2010: Germany – my cousin and I took part in the Craft BIKE Transalp mountain bike race. We cycled over 600 kilometers in 8 stages through Germany, Austria, Swizterland and Italy.
- 2009: Australia – my first overseas holiday by myself.
- 1998: Australia – a fun holiday to visit family.
- 1993: UK and Europe – an amazing first overseas holiday with my Mom.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.— Alexander Hamilton
I’ve read some amazing books which have been an inspiration to me during my career. These are a few of my favourite:
- Designing With Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
- Adaptive Web Design by Aaron Gustafson
- Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte
One of the things that I like most about the industry in which I work is how people share what they do. They provide insight into how and why they designed a product or website. They create tools to improve our workflow, most of which are free to use. And they push the boundaries, whilst setting the standards for us to follow. It is exciting to be apart of it.
I’ve credited some of those who have helped and motivated me over the years in my website’s humans.txt file.
Thanks for visiting.